- Completion and submission of the relevant forms by yourself or your sub-contractor.
- We check the forms to make sure everything is correct and the supporting material is provided. If it is, we pass the form onto Scottish Water. If it’s not, we’ll tell you what’s missing. And remember to pay the application fee.
- Scottish Water considers your application and gets back to us within 28 days with approval (or with a request for further information) and a cost.
- We will then send this back to you within five working days.
Respond to quote
- You have up to 60 days to accept or reject the quote.
- If you accept it and pay the quoted fee, we will arrange a track inspection visit to make sure everything is ready for the water connection.
- A track inspection is required to inspect your excavations to ensure they are compliant with byelaws and regulations and that they reflect the plans that were approved with your application.
- Your track inspection is arranged.
- Scottish Water will carry out your connection.
- If it is a standard connection (up to 32mm) it will be scheduled within 14 days after the successful track inspection.
- If your connection is greater than 32mm, chlorination and testing will be required. This is best carried out the day after the successful track inspection. Once we have the result of those tests, we will schedule your water connection and this will be carried out within 14 days of the testing.
- Your water will start flowing once all relevant inspections and tests are carried out.
Get in touch
Request a new connection or fill in the 'Starting a new development' form on the right hand side of this page for more information.