Collections Case Owner
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): £20000 - £24000 per annum
Collections Case Owner
37 hours per week
Salary £20,000 - £24,000 DOE
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
About the role
As a Collections Case Owner, you'll provide excellent customer service, assisting our customers to agree appropriate payment solutions, maximising collections while reducing exposure to disputed debt.
The role holder will support our Key Account Customers through their debt journey by working collaboratively with colleagues from across the business to collect outstanding debt; resolve customer disputes; negotiate payment plans; produce statement of accounts; escalate late payment issues and recommend Legal Action where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, delivering a positive outcome for both the business and customer. To ensure great customer service, you'll need a high degree of accuracy and a strong attention to detail. You'll be joining a team that is essential to the business, so we need you to enjoy working as part of a high performing team and have a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Effectively manage the performance of a portfolio of Accounts by chasing and collecting all outstanding debts.
- Drive the resolution of customer payment disputes by highlighting financial priorities and working with departments around the business to resolve outstanding issues.
- Negotiate repayment plans and settlement amounts with customers, taking into consideration customer disputes, affordability and regulatory requirements
- Own the cross functional debt resolution meetings, identifying accounts with deteriorating payment patterns and highlight them for discussion and joint resolution.
- Create Customer Statement of Accounts, identifying customer payment trends, and unpaid invoices.
- Manage billing entity disputes by utilising all relevant data and systems to identify the correct Legal entities, contact details and billing periods. Take the appropriate action to resolve.
- Highlight accounts with persistent debt issues, sending final demand letters and passing for Legal Action in line with policies.
- Recommend small debts for write off in line with policies, where all efforts for collection have been exhausted
- Responsible for ensuring that the information and records processed (received, created, used, stored, destroyed) on behalf of the company are managed in compliance with ALL applicable legislation, codes and policies e.g. Data Protection, Information Security and Records Management
- Participate in Ad hoc project and initiative support as required.
- Manage own workload to ensure the delivery of work items and tasks allocated to you within agreed KPIs/targets and to agreed standards, ensuring all sensitive and or urgent cases are prioritised or escalated promptly and correctly.
- Support operational excellence by identifying and implementing process and policy improvements
- Ensure that a culture of debt awareness is promoted and maintained across the organisation
What we are looking for
- Previous experience of effectively dealing with complex enquiries and complaints
- Ability to take ownership of issues and bring them to satisfactory conclusion
- Target driven, aiming to achieve and surpass cash collection & aged debt targets
- A commitment to customer care with a strong quality of service
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to bring proactive thinking to customer issue resolution
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to analyse customer circumstances and make decisions on the best approach
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Confident in prioritising workload and using initiative to make the best decisions.
- A passion for continual improvement and ability to work comfortably in high pressure situations
- Experience in a business to business credit management environment including systems and process experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and Powerpoint
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should:
- outline why you are interested in applying for the role and
- how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Thursday, 26 May 2022