Customer Service Advisers
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Duration: up to 12 months
Start date: Throughout October & November
Salary (range): Up to £10.20 per hour
Benefits: Up to £10.20 per hour
Thinking of applying for a new job? - 'water' great idea!
Our temporary customer service opportunity could be the refreshing new start you are looking for!
Business Stream is one of the largest water retailers in the UK providing a range of services to over 200,000 business customers including billing, water efficiency support and water and waste water management solutions.
A multi-award-winning organisation (27 national and European customer service awards to be exact!), we employ around 350 people in the UK and we are looking to recruit new Customer Service Advisers based at our Edinburgh headquarters.
As a responsible business, we want to make sure we are doing the right thing for our customers, our people, local communities and the environment. To help us achieve this ambition we recently launched our 'Making a Positive Difference' vision.
Through this ambitious programme we have launched our charity panel; worked in partnership with Business in the Community to develop our volunteering programme; expanded our Modern Apprenticeship scheme; introduced a raft of activities designed to improve employees' wellbeing, and become accredited Real Living Wage employers. And that's just for starters!
As an Adviser, you will deliver exceptional customer service across a wide range of communication channels (telephony, webchat, email, mail) as required. You will work flexibly to expand and develop your skills and knowledge across all of our customer facing teams.
What you'll need:
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently through various communications channels - both verbal and written
- The ability to follow an enquiry through from initial customer contact to resolution, including any follow-up correspondence or associated queries
- Strong and proactive problem-solving skills to enable speedy and comprehensive resolution of queries or issues to drive customer satisfaction
- The ability to use your own initiative when required to resolve queries
- Evidence of the ability to turn negative situations into positive ones, ensuring we deliver great outcomes for our customers
- The ability to identify the root cause of an issue for customers using factual evidence in order to solve problems, while managing potential objections
- Evidence of working with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- The ability to negotiate effectively to deliver successful outcomes that benefit both our customers and our business
- Start dates throughout August
- Based at Lochside View, near the Gyle in Edinburgh
- Up to £10.20 per hour
- Full time, 37 hours per week - ongoing temporary role with opportunity to go permanent
- Hours of work - shifts between the hours of 8am and 6pm
- Full training will be provided
If you are ready to take the plunge click on the Apply Now button below.