Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
The objective of the Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst role is to deliver accurate and timely financial reporting and insight relating to the cost base and the Yorkshire division of the business, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
Under the Grandparent, Senior Management of the FP&A Manager, the role will report to the Senior FP&A Analyst and will focus on the operational cost base element of the business, as well as supporting the Senior FP&A Analyst with revenue recognition requirements. It will also require close working and engagement with the Financial Accountant, Finance Analyst and the Finance Business Partners.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Close partnership with the Financial Accountant and Finance Analyst to ensure full Financial compliance and reconciliation
- Responsibility for the operational cost base management account reporting
- Preparation and support for annual business planning process
- Maintenance of Twinfield accounting system
- Ownership of the Corporate Reporting model and it's integrity
- Business partnering reporting; close partnership with Business Partners to deliver insight to the business re; business performance
- Support with external and internal audits
- Gatekeeper/owner for all financial postings; hold users to account on postings made to maintain integrity of management accounts
- Understand and evaluate the revenue model of the business - working closely with the Finance Business Partner
- Drive improvements to systems and processes - driving Productivity
- Monthly performance reporting and insight
- Champion of compliance - strong control network
- Financial modelling
- Gatekeeper/owner for financial hierarchy, i.e cost centre use
- Build good relationships with relevant FP&A employees within Three Sixty Water (Yorkshire) to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of all financial processes, in partnership with the Finance Business Partner; Cost base & Yorkshire
What we are looking for
We're looking for someone who is advancing in their career within accounting, whether that be part-qualified or newly qualified, someone who has a desire to learn and grow in a Finance team that works across a breadth of financial areas. The opportunity for development and growth in this role is significant, so someone with an enthusiasm to learn and grow is important.
Good working knowledge of MS Office and IT packages with strong MS Excel skills
You will be able to manage and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met and have good written and verbal communication skills
You'll be part of a wider finance team so the ability to share knowledge and step up to help with deadlines is essential.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Tuesday 24th November at 5pm