Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
The objective of the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (FP&A) role is to drive timely financial insight across the business, providing senior management and the Executive Leadership Team with the analysis and information they need to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control, it is part of the Senior Management Team within Financial Control, and has 4 direct reports; FP&A Analyst, Financial Accountant, Cash Lead and Payroll Lead.
The wider Financial Control team is then made up of 2 Business Partners, with strong engagement with the Business Partners being imperative.
- Drive the annual business planning process
- Monthly performance reporting and insight
- Key deliverable is the HY and FY external audit - build relations with, and deliver requirements of, external auditors
- Support with any applicable internal audits
- Champion of compliance - strong control network
- Financial modelling and ownership
- Leadership of the Financial Accountant to drive ownership and performance in relation to Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Leadership of the Management Accountant's to drive timely financial insight and reporting to aid business decisions
- Work closely with Business Partners to facilitate strong cross-business/function engagement and ownership, as well as understand opportunities and risks within the business
- A strong leader who will invest time in developing the team to drive the best outcomes for the employee and the business
- An enthusiastic, driven, committed and flexible approach to work
- Solutions driven, confident and engaging approach in dealing with stakeholders
- Natural initiative and pro-activeness to their method of working
- High degree of commercial acumen
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure
What we are looking for
We're looking for someone with strong experience and knowledge in FP&A activity, someone who is technically astute and is driven to high standards of accuracy and ownership.
This role is part of the Senior Management Team within Finance, and therefore requires someone with good leadership and engagement attributes, that will utilise the power of the team reporting to them to meet objectives, and influence those outwith the team, both financial and non-financial, to gather insight around opportunities and risks.
You will be able to manage and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met and have good written and verbal communication skills
You'll be part of a wider finance team so the ability to share knowledge and step up to help with deadlines is essential.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Tuesday 24th November at 5pm