HR Business Partner
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
Salary: Placing dependant on current salary, knowledge, skills and experience.
This role offers a competitive rewards package including 20% annual performance related bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in January this year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top 3 water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge last year, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
Our people vision is simple - we want Business Stream to be a great place to work where people feel valued, trusted and empowered.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner who will be responsible for providing comprehensive HR support to our leaders across the business, at both a strategic and tactical level. This will include providing support on employee engagement, organisational design, reward and recognition, employee relations, recruitment, learning and development, absence management, equality, diversity and talent management, as well as helping to deliver the following: -
Talent management and leadership development: ensuring that our leaders are clear about our goals and direction and have the right skills to develop and nurture high performing teams. Developing a standard set of management policies and procedures which all managers are trained in and able to apply effectively, with softer skills training provided to support new and developing managers. Introducing talent management and succession plans to develop our pipeline of future leaders.
Performance Management: equipping our leaders with the skills they need to optimise the performance of individuals within their teams and helping them to manage inconsistent or poor performance with confidence.
Multiskilling: upskilling our teams so that they are able to provide an end to end service for our customers, rather than just managing individual transactions and touchpoints. This will lead to quicker customer resolution and provide opportunities for development and progression.
Cultural transformation: helping foster a customer-centric culture where people are rewarded and recognised for providing great customer outcomes, encouraged to focus on continuous improvement and incentivised to work together to make a positive difference for our customers.
Future Target Operating Model: helping to design our future operating model so that we can successfully support our ever growing customer base of more than 350,000 customers. Whilst also ensuring that new colleagues who join Business Stream, have a positive experience and are quickly embedded into our teams and culture.
Attract and retain talent: developing talent, reward, recognition and succession planning strategies to ensure that we can attract and retain employees at all levels.
If you are someone who wants to make a positive difference and who enjoys working in a fast paced, energetic environment with great people then this role is for you.
- Support the Head of People & Development to develop and implement a people plan for the business which supports our business goals and objectives.
- Partner with business leaders to provide expertise in the following areas: talent management, performance management, coaching, pay and benefits, absence management, employee relations, learning and development, change management, diversity and inclusion and recruitment.
- Act as an escalation point for issues within the people and development team, including any escalated employee relations issues.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business, providing guidance, support and challenge from a people perspective.
- Lead our recruitment service ensuring that line managers are supported in the recruitment, selection and on-boarding of all new employees.
- Lead the management of People & Development projects and cross business projects which have people dependencies, this may include acquisition due diligence and support.
- Ownership of the yearly pay review and bonus process.
- Provide HR policy guidance.
- To develop and deliver People & Development analytics to support people decisions both corporately and at directorate level.
- Experience of key people and development activities including - employee engagement, organisational design, business change management, reward and recognition, employee relations, recruitment, learning and development, absence management, equality, diversity and talent management.
- Experienced HR professional with ability to develop and deliver a People plan that supports our goals and aims.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to supporting leaders through organisational change, ensuring that people are engaged and supported through change and that the change is owned and sustained.
- Highly effective influencing skills and a strong ability to work collaboratively with peers to drive and promote the benefit of strong people leadership
- Proven track record of leading on People & Development projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation and statutory entitlements.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to deliver results by inspiring others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CIPD or equivalent is essential
How do I apply?
Please submit a covering letter and CV. Please note, your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process and should cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in applying for the role;
- How you meet the essential criteria
- Why you think you'd be a strong match for the role
Please also include current salary details and notice period with your application.
Closing date for CV applications is Tuesday 21st May at 5pm