Learning & Development Advisor
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): £24000 - £25500 per annum
12-Month FTC (Maternity Cover)
Salary £24,000 - £25,500
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave and 6 bank holidays.
About the role
The role holder will work with the L&D Manager and consult with business stakeholders on implementing effective training needs analysis to understand future capability, learning and development priorities. This role will recommend, design & deliver effective and engaging learning solutions using a range of channels for colleagues across all business functions.
The role holder will support colleagues through their training journey by identifying and delivering soft skills, process and technical systems training to ensure that they have the competence and confidence needed to deliver the best outcome both for the business and our customers.
- Work proactively with the L&D Manager and Team Managers across all business functions to understand skills gaps & business training requirements.
- Build strong business relationship with the Business Stream Management Team and work with key stakeholders to understand business priorities
- Assess training needs and recommend learning solutions that meet individual and team requirements, considering appropriate delivery channels.
- Design and create engaging training material using a range of formats.
- Deliver system, process & soft skill training including face to face and virtual delivery
- Develop, design & maintain a single access point to all Business Stream learning content to ensure that all colleagues have access to a learning calendar & high-quality learning that supports their development through a range of channels
- Manage & maintain Business Stream learning resources including Knowledge Articles on the Knowledge Management Tool to ensure that all colleagues have access to up to date, accurate and relevant learning.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and development support for Business Stream colleagues to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Manage the administration, co-ordination and planning of training
- Deliver Learning & Development analytics to support people decisions both corporately and at business unit level
- Work collaboratively as part of the wider P&D Team to improve employee engagement and retention.
- Build effective and productive relationships with internal / external customers, stakeholders and learning service providers to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service whilst maximising revenue
- Act as a role model, who embraces change and considers the bigger picture whilst working in a team
- Be responsible for ensuring that the information and records processed (received, created, used, stored, destroyed) on behalf of the company are managed in compliance with all applicable legislation, codes and policies e.g. GDPR Data Protection, Information Security and Records Management;
- Undertake any other duties and deputise for the L&D Manager when required
What we are looking for
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within an L&D generalist role within a similar size organisation
- Proven track record of managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong Learning & Development knowledge
- An ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to analyse, interpret and utilise data
- Experienced in coaching and facilitating
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/ PowerPoint/Visio and MS Teams
Business Stream is one of the largest water retailers in the UK and a trusted service provider to over 300,000 business customers. With over 14 years' experience of operating in a competitive water market - longer than any other retailer - we're the chosen service provider for businesses and organisations ranging from small corner shops to large industrial estates.
Headquartered in Edinburgh and employing around 350 people, we provide a range of services including metering and billing, water efficiency support and, water and waste water management solutions.
As a company, we're forward-thinking, innovative, and passionate about making a positive difference to our customers, our people, local communities, and the environment. Find out more about how we're Naturally different.
Life at Business Stream is fast-paced and exciting, where no two days are the same. We're looking to welcome exceptional people into our fantastic team so if you're ready to join us, we'd love to hear from you.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should:
- outline why you are interested in applying for the role and
- how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Monday 8th August.