People & Development Consultant - Tupe & ER Specialist
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
6 months fixed term contract on a part time basis 3 day a week pro-rata.
Salary: Placing dependant on current salary, knowledge, skills and experience. This role offers a competitive rewards package including, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits.
The role will be based in Edinburgh and require ad hoc travel to Bradford.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in January this year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top 3 water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge last year, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
Our people vision is simple - we want Business Stream to be a great place to work where people feel valued, trusted and empowered.
We are looking for an experienced consultant who will take responsibility for projects requiring Organisation Design support. This includes leading the people work stream on our acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. You will ensure that the process is well managed, dealt with fairly, and that both Business Stream and Yorkshire staff remain engaged throughout.
You will be accountable for all aspects of employee representation and consultation, and ensuring our leaders are sufficiently prepared to manage the process successfully.
As a member of the People and Development team you may also become involved in other change projects which require support, and generalist employee relations enquiries.
If you are someone who wants to make a positive difference and who enjoys working in a fast paced, energetic environment with great people then this role is for you.
- Experience of acquisitions and associated TUPE implications
- Experience of key people and development activities including - employee engagement, organisational design, business change management, reward and recognition, employee relations, absence management, etc
- Experienced HR professional gained in a fast paced environment
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to supporting leaders through organisational change, ensuring that people are engaged and supported through change and that the change is owned and sustained.
- Highly effective influencing skills and a strong ability to work collaboratively with peers to drive and promote the benefit of strong people leadership.
- Proven track record of leading on People & Development projects.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation and statutory entitlements.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to deliver results by inspiring others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CIPD or equivalent is essential
How do I apply?
Please submit a covering letter and CV.Please note, your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process and should cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in applying for the role;
- How you meet the essential criteria
- Why you think you'd be a strong match for the role
Please also include current salary details and notice period with your application.
Closing date for CV applications is Friday 19th July at 5pm