Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
Salary: Dependant on knowledge, skills and experience.
This role based in Edinburgh offers a competitive rewards package including 31 days annual leave, 20% annual performance related bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in October 2019 we acquired Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top three water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
If you're a pro at planning, have outstanding organisational skills then we'd love you to join our team! We're looking for a Personal Assistant for an exciting opportunity supporting 2 of our Directors.
This role requires a Personal Assistant who enjoys a diverse role, where no two days are ever the same. You will provide administrative support to two Directors of Business Stream (Finance Director and Director Transformation & Technology) and the wider business as required.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective management of their Director's time. Making best use of the Directors time by prioritising meetings and scheduling time to ensure work deliverables are achieved. To ensure all aspects of meetings/conferences are organised, agendas developed and prompt action taken maintaining timely responses to deadlines at all times.
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Arrange, co-ordinate and minute high level meetings e.g. internal meetings and stakeholder meetings. Identify and take any follow up action arising from the minutes that are required
- Acts as a liaison/co-ordination point between the Director and Heads of Department, gathering and issuing information accurately and timeously.
- Provides an efficient, professional and confidential administration support to the Directors.
- Deal sensitively with all forms of communication for the Finance Director and Director Transformation & Technology acting as first point of contact point, prioritising & delegating issues to others as appropriate and ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Responsible for sourcing relevant information for and preparing support documentation for Board / Head of Department / management meetings, presentations, correspondence, reports etc
- To undertake project work and research as directed with minimal supervision
- Process expenses and invoices in a timely manner.
- Builds effective working relationships with key stakeholders including Heads of Department & Executive Leadership Team (ELT) liaising regulatory bodies, internal/external customers and suppliers.
- To provide cover across the support team and reception when required.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage conflicting priorities to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly developed inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- High attention to detail both visually and through written communications
- Good working knowledge and application of Microsoft packages, in particular Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Wednesday 27th October at 9am