Project Manager - Transformation and Technology
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): £37000 - £40000 per annum
Project Manager - Technology and Transformation
Hybrid Working - 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
Salary: £37,000 - £40,000 DOE
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave and 6 bank holidays.
About the role
The Project Manager will be supporting the delivery of medium to large projects as part of Business Stream's Technology & Transformation programmes. This involves delivery of discrete packages of work, managing timescales, stakeholders, budget and resources to ensure projects are delivered to a high level of quality in line with the agreed change management methodology and governance.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to deliver on key projects that are central to Business Stream's ability to continue to grow in a competitive market.
- Effectively manage the delivery of projects and discrete packages of work to budget and timescale, as allocated
- Effective management of the project delivery team, within a matrix management approach, ensuring high levels of team engagement
- Prepare and submit weekly project status updates and monthly financial and progress reports, including but not limited to, current status of project budget, milestone completion dates, RAID log and timely resource demands
- Recommending and applying appropriate project management principles, processes and methodologies for a variety of projects and discrete packages of work
- Maintain and improve project culture to meet the values of Business Stream and in particular adhering to the agreed change management methodology and governance
- Continually improve Project Management processes and governance to meet or exceed best practice
- Coaching and mentoring of project team members and recipients of change, adopting a knowledge transfer approach
- Effective stakeholder management, including internal and external customers, delivery partners, project teams and senior stakeholders
- Be instrumental in the professional and effective management of project delivery whereby projects are designed, constructed, delivered and implemented across the business in compliance with:
- Agreed delivery and benefits criteria
- Milestone dates including overall project start and completion dates across the entire project lifecycle
- Best practice project management and delivery
What we are looking for
Knowledge and experience (essential)
- Working experience of a range of formal project management methodologies
- Strong experience of effective project management from project development through feasibility to delivery and handover to BAU operational teams
- Experience of delivering large scale, medium to high value projects
- A track record of managing multiple projects to challenging deadlines and budget
- In-depth knowledge of the application of relevant legislation, standards, processes and procedures relevant to the project work
- Experience of managing project delivery teams in a matrix management environment across multifunctional project teams
- Experience of multiple stakeholder management and positively influencing and persuading others when there is no direct line of command or control
- Experience of project scheduling and resource planning
Skills and abilities (essential)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Strong financial control and reporting on multiple projects
- Meticulous approach to detail and quality
- Good working knowledge of relevant IT tools such as: MS Project, Visio and Excel
- Commercial acumen
- Further education qualifications or relevant level of experience in a related subject
- At least one relevant Project Management professional qualification
- Desirable - other relevant Project Management professional qualifications (e.g. Prince 2 certification, Agile Scrum master, Lean Six Sigma qualification
Business Stream is one of the largest water retailers in the UK and a trusted service provider to over 300,000 business customers. With over 14 years' experience of operating in a competitive water market.
Headquartered in Edinburgh and employing around 350 people, we provide a range of services including metering and billing, water efficiency support and, water and waste water management solutions.
As a company, we're forward-thinking, innovative, and passionate about making a positive difference to our customers, our people, local communities, and the environment.
We're looking to welcome exceptional people into our fantastic team so if you're ready to join us, we'd love to hear from you.
How do I apply?
Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should:
- outline why you are interested in applying for the role and
- how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Closing date for all applications on Friday 5th August 2022