Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave and 6 bank holidays.
Hours - 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. (Full time)
Main Purpose of The Role
This role is responsible for preparing and producing high quality, compelling and professional commercial proposals that reflect customer requirements, adhere to corporate brand guidelines and standards, and assist the business in meeting key performance targets.
They are responsible for managing bids throughout the end-to-end bid management cycle, ensuring the business has the right strategy in place to maximise our chances of success.
In addition, they are responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of up to date, compelling, corporate branded Bid Library content. The role holder also contributes towards the continuous improvement of the bid management process.
About the Role
The post holder will be required to deliver the following key outputs:
- Ensure high quality bids/proposals are produced and submitted in a timely manner, working closely with the Opportunity Owner and other relevant departments and stakeholders as required to ensure required resources are available
- Co-ordinate, monitor and support the bid process with minimal supervision including:
- Planning resources and timescales for proposal submissions
- Producing response templates
- Editing and producing documentation and graphics
- Writing clear and compelling bid and proposal content
- Liaising with the Opportunity Owner and other relevant stakeholders to gather high quality content, providing direction and challenge on timescales, deadlines and quality of input provided
- Assessment of the commercial requirements of the tender, including identification of commercial drivers/advantages and making recommendations on win strategy
- Formatting, editing and proof-reading incoming text to ensure appropriate language/tone and to ensure customer questions are properly understood, researched and answered
- Organise, facilitate and participate in proposal reviews and workshops
- Printing and collating proposal documentation where appropriate
- Development of persuasive pitch strategy and content
- Contribute to and maintain the Bid Library and bid template with appropriate content
- Work closely with the wider bid team to provide and support bid scoring related reporting and insight
- Complete ITT's, PQQs, RFIs and other requests
- Presentation and communication of bid progress and strategy to senior leadership
- Developing and delivering training sessions and refresher courses to support the Sales team capability to self-serve in creating proposals
- The role holder may be required to travel within the UK to support bids and tenders which require occasional overnight stays
- Participate in out of hours work as appropriate
Business Stream is one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK, operating in a highly competitive market. We are a growing company, having acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in October 2019 we acquired Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top three water retailers in the UK.
How Do I Apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you.
In your application, please submit a covering letter and CV. Please note, your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process and should cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in applying for the role;
- Why you think you'd be a strong match for the role
Please also include current salary details and notice period with your application.
Closing date for all applications is Friday, 3rd December 2021 at 9am.