Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits.
8 month Fixed Term Contract
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in January this year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top three water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge last year, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
Business Stream is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to cover maternity leave with a handover at the start and end of the leave. You will be responsible for contributing to the Sales and Marketing strategy by leading the development, implementation and execution of marketing plans to support successful sales, acquisition and retention strategies along with overseeing the creation and management of all customer propositions.
You will work closely with senior leaders and their teams across the business to achieve and deliver against Business Stream's objectives. You will build and maintain effective relationships with marketing agencies, suppliers and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the role are:-
Strategy and planning
- Responsibility for planning, developing and leading the execution of the marketing acquisition, retention and bid strategy, adhering to Business Stream's overarching Sales and Brand Marketing strategies and objectives.
Analysis and research
- Responsible for defining and setting the KPIs and metrics for all sales, acquisition and retention marketing strategies, campaigns and journeys to prioritise effectively and ensure strategic goals and Returns on Investment (ROI's) are met.
Ownership and execution
- Lead the development of all customer acquisition and retention propositions.
Leadership and relationships
- Responsible for leading the marketing team to contribute to the delivery of Business Stream's strategic goals and achievement of KPIs - ensuring clear roles and responsibilities throughout the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the personal development of team members through effective leadership, coaching and performance management and the promotion of continuous improvement and effective succession planning.
Essential Experience and Skills required
- Experienced marketeer with a proven track record in managing successful marketing campaigns across multiple communication channels to both acquire new business and retain existing business
- Experience of leading successful end to end tender acquisition and retention processes
- Proven experience implementing digital marketing campaigns, including the creation and development of the tech stack
- Evidence of implementing and utilising a wide range of marketing acquisition and retention tools and methodologies
- Experience in marketing automation (including customer journey mapping and creation, lead scoring, lead nurturing and reporting)
- Strong evidence of managing team performance and with people leadership behaviours that align to the Business Streams leadership behaviours
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Evidence of strong tender preparation, execution and report writing skills
- Excellent project management and governance skills
- An ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 20th January @ 5pm.