Senior Project Manager
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): £50000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Project Manager
Salary £50,000 - £55,000/annum
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our business as a Senior Project Manager focused on implementing the future strategy of the business. We are looking for a highly capable, confident, focused and experienced Senior Project Manager who has a proven track record of delivering quality in project working with a mixed internal and external team. The successful candidate will be very experienced and capable at planning and managing the delivery of business and IT projects, covering areas such as Infrastructure (both on-premise and cloud-based delivery) and Software Change/Development.
- Effectively manage the delivery of projects and discrete packages of work to budget and timescale, as allocated
- Effective management of the project delivery team, within a matrix management approach, ensuring high levels of team engagement
- Provide oversight of all projects within the IT Project Portfolio
- Prepare and submit monthly financial and progress reports, including but not limited to, current status of project budget, milestone completion dates, RAID log and timely resource demands
- Recommending and applying appropriate project management principles, processes and methodologies for a variety of projects and discrete packages of work
- Maintain and improve project culture to meet the values of Business Stream and in particular adhering to the agreed change management methodology and governance
- Continually improve project management processes and governance to meet or exceed best practice
- Coaching and mentoring of project team members and recipients of change, adopting a knowledge transfer approach
- Effective stakeholder management, including internal and external customers, delivery partners, project teams and senior stakeholders
- Be instrumental in the professional and effective management of project delivery whereby projects are designed, constructed, delivered and implemented across the business in compliance with:
- Agreed delivery and benefits criteria
- Milestone dates including overall project start and completion dates across the entire project lifecycle
- Best practice project management and delivery
What we are looking for
The Senior Project Manager will need to be able to lead and perform quality bottom-up planning, bringing to bear good programme/project practice, and be a strong team leader defaulting to collaborative working but capable of assertive behaviour in dealing with internal team and external suppliers to ensure delivery.
Accountable to the Director of Transformation and Technology, the Senior Project Manager will have a proven track record of developing strong relationships and working with a range of cross-organisational stakeholders. They will be expected to demonstrate a methodical and structured approach to delivering complex change, driving delivery against benefits, budgets and timelines with the ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders and staff at all levels in the organisation. They will ensure robust project management methodology is applied to the development, documentation and implementation across all project delivery activities.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should:
- Outline why you are interested in applying for the role and
- How you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications is Friday,28th January 2022.