Senior Test Analyst
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
To oversee effective delivery of all test activities across all Business Stream applications. This covers all technology changes for both projects and technical upgrades. The role holder will be responsible for leading and conducting test activities from creation of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents as appropriate, to defining the test scripts and recorded test outcomes, as well as assisting with the development and maintaining of testing process standards, documentation and guidance including any UAT support required. They will provide test input to project workshops, schedule and allocate the resultant test activities to the appropriate person, ensure resources allocated to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities are appropriately trained, and sample test output to ensure compliance with standards.
- Provide technical and functional input at project meetings, such as project definition workshops and business analysis workshops
- Prepare Estimates of test effort for inclusion in impact assessments to facilitate project prioritisation and scheduling
- To perform and/or manage the planning and execution of software testing resulting from changes to products, processes and systems as defined by Business Requirements, Functional and Technical specifications
- Through coaching and mentoring develop current test resources, including technical testers and UAT testers, identifying skills gaps and training requirements and reporting such to team managers
- Provide technical support and leadership and test guidance for UAT resources
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Test and Release management strategy and standards
- Quality Control - implement and monitor testing standards and procedures for all changes / projects and activities within span of control
- Ensure that integrity of test environment and data is maintained
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and execution of an integrated test and release strategy for Business Stream's systems that covers regression testing of existing functionality, system / integration testing of new components and end-to-end testing as required
- Ensure successful testing of current functionality through regression testing and user-acceptance testing (UAT) of new functionality
What we are looking for
We're looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years testing experience in an IT / Change function who has a good working knowledge of SQL technology and is an experienced user of testing tools and techniques over different development platforms. It is essential the candidate will be proficient in data management across the following technologies: UNIX, FTP, Windows, Citrix.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Tuesday 24th November at 5pm