Big Deals terms & conditions
If you'd like to take advantage of our Big Deals promotion, please review the terms and conditions related to this offer.
These terms and conditions for our ‘big deals’ supplement our standard terms and conditions of supply, and water and waste water supply contract (the “Contract”). If there is a conflict between our standard terms and conditions of supply, and the Contract, these big deals terms and conditions will take precedence followed by the provisions of the Contract, and then the standard terms and conditions of supply.
1. Our ‘big deal’ offer is valid from 20 May 2016, with a revision made to the discount amount from 31 July 2017.
2. To apply for a ‘big deal’ you can sign up online at www.business-stream.co.uk, or via phone with Business Stream’s customer service team.
3. To qualify for a ‘big deal’ you must sign up to and maintain a fixed term contract with Business Stream (of 1, 2 or 3 years), pay by direct debit and view your bills online (eBilling on mybusinessstream). Paper copies will not be issued. Your annual revenue from water/waste water services will also be taken into consideration. The total discounts offered and applied will be dependent on the service taken, your estimated annual consumption and the chosen contract term. Your estimated annual consumption is based on information contained in our billing system (where available), information supplied to the central market system and where these are not available industry standards are used. The discounted rates are from the default retail tariffs as published annually by the Water Industry Commission for Scotland or the Business Stream Standard Default Retail Tariffs as published in the Business Stream’s charging statement.
4. If you signed up to our ‘Big deal’ offer via Pulse Business Solutions and/or other selected Business Stream partners, these additional terms apply:
a) To apply for this offer you can sign up via Pulse Business Solutions, Business Stream customer service team and/or other selected Business Stream partners
b) The discount offered will be dependent on your annualised spend, which must be between £100 - £25,000, to be eligible for this offer. Quotes are valid for 90 business days.
5. If you require more than one signatory to complete a direct debit mandate you can post the completed form to Mail Team, Business Stream, PO Box 17381, Edinburgh EH12 1GT or include them as attachments using the form available on the contact us page of our website. Business Stream is not responsible for the security of any personal data that is emailed.
6. Incomplete direct debit mandate forms will be returned to customers by post, with further instructions on how to complete them. Applications will not be processed or discounts applied until they are completed and received.
7. As part of the application process Business Stream may refer to a credit reference agency. This check will not appear on or affect your credit score. The results of the check will determine the direct debit payment frequency offered.
8. The discounts will be applied to your Business Stream account as follows:
a) Current Business Stream Customers - the discounts will be applied to your account(s) within one working day of Business Stream receiving the online application. If the direct debit mandate requires more than one signatory, and is posted or emailed to Business Stream, the discount will be applied within one business day of receipt of a completed form.
b) Non-Business Stream Customers - an account will be opened and the discounts will be applied on the contract start date, which includes the 20 business days’ notice Business Stream has to give your current supplier. If the direct debit mandate requires more than one signatory, and is posted or emailed to Business Stream, we will wait until we receive the completed form before we request a transfer from your current supplier.
c) If you are a multi-site customer with both Business Stream and non-Business Stream sites, your contract will commence the next working day. Non-Business Stream sites will begin the transfer-in process and billing will start after 20 business days.
9. If you are transferring into Business Stream, your current Licenced Provider may object to the request if you have an outstanding balance or are currently in a contract. Business Stream will advise you of any objections received from your current Licenced Provider.
10. If the contract is terminated (in whole or in part) prior to the specified end date by you, or by Business Stream as a result of your breach of the contract, Business Stream shall be entitled to recover from you the cumulative discount (if any) from the default retail tariffs or the tariffs in Business Stream’s charging statement that has been applied in consideration of the contract term from the commencement date to the date of termination. Unless otherwise agreed between you and Business Stream, any supply of water and/or waste water services after the date of termination of this contract shall be subject to Business Stream’s standard terms and conditions of supply.
11. If the Water Industry Commission for Scotland makes a determination or takes any other regulatory action which impacts Business Stream such that the economic basis on which Business Stream offers licensed services on the terms set out in the ‘big deal’ contract is adversely affected, Business Stream shall be entitled to amend the terms of the contract at any time on or after the date on which any such determination or other regulatory action takes effect so that Business Stream is put in the same economic position as it would have been had the impact not occurred. Business Stream shall give not less than one month’s notice in writing of any such amended terms. If the customer does not wish to continue with this contract on such amended terms, the customer may terminate this contract on giving not less than one month’s notice in writing to Business Stream. In the event of such termination, Business Stream shall have no right to recover from the customer the cumulative discount (if any) from the default retail tariffs or the tariffs in Business Stream’s charging statement that has been applied in consideration of the contract term from the commencement Date to the date of termination.