Trade effluent consent

If your business discharges waste liquid to public sewers as part of its process, you may need a trade effluent consent.

How to apply

Use this consent form [PDF, 590 KB] to apply for a new trade effluent consent, or for a change in your existing consent.

We’ve put together some guidance notes [PDF, 115 KB] to make it as simple as possible to apply. But we’re still on hand to help – particularly if it’s your first application for a trade effluent consent. You can get in touch with our experts by using our contact us form.

What happens next?

Once you’ve downloaded, completed and signed the consent form, you can email it to us for the fastest response: Alternatively, post it to Trade Effluent, Business Stream, 7 Lochside View, Edinburgh, EH12 9DH.

We’ll process your application as quickly as we can. Scottish Water will contact you directly to issue your consent. When you have a consent, your charges for waste water will change – please contact us for further information.