Associate Finance Business Partner
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): Negotiable
This role offers a competitive salary and rewards package including up to 20% annual bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits; plus 31 days annual leave.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, the objective of the Associate Business Partner is to drive commercial growth within the business, empowering business area owners to deliver as required. This role will take ownership for the operational cost base of the business, partnering with senior management to ensure risks are managed appropriately and that performance achieves strategic objectives.
The role will be supported by an FP&A team that will deliver timely management and financial accounting insight to support performance expected in role. It will work hand in hand with the FP&A Team to ensure knowledge sharing results in consistent reporting and insight, particularly the understanding of opportunities and risks within the business.
- Support the Management Team in all aspects of financial management to ensure there is a strong focus on making commercial decisions and creating shareholder value including contributing to business planning & forecasting and advising on financial implications of business decisions.
- Develop strong relationships with budget holders to ensure the finance team play an integral role in financial decision making.
- Work with managers and leaders across the business to identify opportunities to implement improvements to reduce costs, improve efficiency and maximise net contribution.
- Prepare monthly management information packs to be used as the basis of a monthly review meeting with each budget holder
- Drive an operational excellence culture across the business to encourage financial control team to identify and implement process improvements
- Monitor and report on all aspects of Business Streams' profit and loss and the production of relevant finance board papers to the required standard.
- To deliver support accountabilities as required including compliance, system business owner as applicable, procurement support and other as deemed necessary.
- Ad hoc project and initiative support as required
- Undertake proactive investigation, to develop a better understanding of the business and to provide operational performance
- Provide expert accounting, reporting and all necessary financial expertise for the sector/contract
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate forecasting and understanding of opportunities and risks
- Drive annual budget process requirements within business areas
- Partner with business areas to achieve performance KPIs
- Promote the use of data and analytics across the business to drive informed business decisions
What we are looking for
We're looking for someone who has experience in Business Partnering, and is looking to continue to grow and develop in the area. The role is a key requirement to helping the business achieve its strategic aims, and requires someone who is confident in dealing cross-functionally, at a management level, across the business, to help influence decisions that drive achievement of opportunities and management of risk.
The candidate could be part qualified or newly qualified, and are looking to progress their Finance career, as a role within the company will offer learning and career advancement for those wishing to pursue.
Good working knowledge of MS Office and IT packages with strong MS Excel skills
You will be able to manage and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met and have good written and verbal communication skills
You'll be part of a wider finance team so the ability to share knowledge and step up to help with deadlines is essential.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and last year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the three largest water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
How do I apply?
If you believe that you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit a covering letter and a copy of your up to date CV. Your covering letter should state your current salary and outline why you are interested in applying for the role and how you feel your experience meets the essential criteria outlined.
Please note your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process.
Closing date for all applications Tuesday 24th November at 5pm