Providing a letter of authority

Use the letter of authority process to give permission for a third party to manage your account on your behalf.

What is a letter of authority?

A letter of authority allows a third party to deal with your account on your behalf. This could be your partner, an associate, a solicitor, Citizens Advice Bureau, your landlord or another company.

How to submit your letter of authority

  1. Complete our Third Party Authority form 
  2. Attach it to the form below (you'll see an option to upload attachments on the second page)

Please note: If you provide your own letter headed letter of authority, this will only be valid for one year, whereas the form we've provided above can cover you for up to three years.

Public Sector Scotland customer?

If you're a Public Sector Scotland customer, the process is a little different.

  1. Complete this Third Party Authority form 

  2. Email it to