My Business Stream terms and conditions
My Business Stream is an online service that allows you to view and manage your account online, anytime.
By subscribing to and using Business Stream’s online account management service “My Business Stream” you agree to accept and abide by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions apply only to the use of My Business Stream and do not supersede or affect our standard or other terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply in full and if you do not want to be bound by them you should not subscribe to My Business Stream. Make sure you read them carefully and in full before signing up.
- The Business Stream “My Business Stream” service (My Business Stream) is operated by Scottish Water Business Stream Limited (Business Stream) whose registered office is at 1-3 Lochside Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9SE.
- By using “My Business Stream” you accept that you will no longer receive a paper bill. However, the debt recovery process will continue to be paper based.
- By using “My Business Stream” you accept that you will no longer receive letters regarding your direct debit through the post. Instead, these will be communicated through “My Business Stream”.
- Once you subscribe to “My Business Stream” you must complete the signup process within 21 days. This involves signing into your account on at least one occasion in the first 21 days of subscribing to the service, by following the link on the email we send to you. Failure to do this will result in bills not being able to be viewed online and no paper bills being sent.
- You must have and maintain throughout a valid email account to use “My Business Stream”. You must provide Business Stream with the accurate and currently valid address of the email account. The accuracy and validity of that email address is entirely your responsibility and in particular, but without limitation, should that email account ever become invalid or should you wish notification of your bill to be sent to a different email account it shall be your responsibility to notify Business Stream. You will remain fully liable for any bills of which notification has been sent to your email address even if the notification is not actually received in your inbox (e.g. because it is bounced by your firewall or spam filter or because your address has been closed or is otherwise not operational). In proving that we have sent your bill to your email address, it shall be sufficient for us to show that the bill was dispatched by email to the correct email address (as last notified by you to us).
- If you pay your bills by cash you must view your online bills regularly and not incur any cost of recovery charges. If you stop viewing your bills online and/or incur a late payment charge you may be reverted back to paper bills, and the “My Business Stream” and service will be removed from your Business Stream account.
- If your “My Business Stream” account is not activated within the first 21 days or your account is deactivated due to not viewing your bills online, or incurring a cost of recovery charge, it may result in removal of discounts where appropriate and, if on a supply contract, could result in a breach of that contract.
- Business Stream reserves the right to refuse use of “My Business Stream” to anyone for any reason whatsoever in its absolute discretion. Further, Business Stream reserves the right to modify or discontinue (permanently or temporarily) “My Business Stream” in respect of you or all recipients at our discretion.
- Any instructions that you give to Business Stream via “My Business Stream” are subject to confirmation by Business Stream and you must not believe or assume they have been accepted unless and until confirmed.
- If you wish to cancel use of viewing your bills online, you should notify Business Stream immediately by calling 0330 123 2000. Business Stream will cancel your online account within ten days of such notification and after that date no further notification of any bills will be sent to you by email. However, you will remain fully responsible for payment in full, to Business Stream, of any bills of which notification has been sent to you on or before the date on which your “My Business Stream” account has been cancelled by Business Stream.
- Your password must be kept secret and Business Stream accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that your password is used by anyone else to access your account (save for personal injury or death caused by our negligence). Business Stream also accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that any correspondence informing you of your password is opened or read by anyone else. In the event that you do not receive your password within seven days of signing up for “My Business Stream”, or if you have reason to believe that anyone else knows your password, you should change your password using the “My Business Stream” system.
- Business Stream cannot guarantee uninterrupted and/or reliable access to “My Business Stream” and gives no guarantees whatsoever as to its operation, availability, functionality, or that it will be free of error or disruption or otherwise. Business Stream will provide notice to you regarding any significant suspension or permanent discontinuance of service where the circumstances reasonably allow. Business Stream may prevent you from using the service immediately without notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
- You agree to use “My Business Stream” responsibly. You will not:
- use “My Business Stream” for any fraudulent or other illegal purpose or to interrupt or damage Business Stream's services or to make them less efficient;
- use “My Business Stream” for the transmission of any defamatory, racist, blasphemous, obscene or illegal message or material; or
- do anything that affects the operability or security of “My Business Stream” or causes unreasonable inconvenience, or offence or disruption to, Business Stream or any of its staff.
- Business Stream expressly reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions on the “My Business Stream” system or the Business Stream website. Business Stream will make the latest version of our terms available for you to read at all times. Your use of “My Business Stream” and your access to “My Business Stream” will be deemed an acceptance of the terms existing at the time.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of Scotland/England and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts/courts of England and Wales. All communications with you will be in English
- Our supply of services is always subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions of supply, if there is any conflict the “My Business Stream” Terms and Conditions apply.