Supply Chain Manager
Location: Lochside View, Edinburgh
Start date: ASAP
Salary (range): £28700 - £45000 per annum
Salary: Placing dependant on current salary, knowledge, skills and experience.
This role offers a competitive rewards package including 20% annual performance related bonus, pension plan, employee discounts and flexible benefits.
Think water's boring? Think again. Life at Business Stream is fast paced, we are operating in a highly competitive new market, where no two days are the same. We are one of the leading providers of water retail services to businesses across the UK. It's been an exciting few years for us, we acquired the non-household customer base of Southern Water in April 2017, and in January this year we announced the acquisition of Yorkshire Water's non-household customer base. We've also secured over £250 million of new business and firmly positioned Business Stream as one of the top 3 water retailers in the UK.
We're passionate about our people and our customers and we want to make a positive difference to the environment and the communities we live and work in. And that's why we launched our water efficiency pledge last year, committing to help our customers reduce the amount of water they use by 20%.
The Supply Chain Manager's role is to deliver strong supply chain management performance whilst supporting strategic projects to enable our goal of delivering ever improving levels of customer service. The Supply Chain Manager will manage and develop a portfolio of strategic supplier relationships working closely with our internal business partners.
The Supply Chain Manager will also be responsible for all aspects of contract management and the full life cycle of a contract, inclusive of tendering and contract negotiation. The role will ensure that the day to day contractual performance is managed and business requirements are delivered, on-time and on-cost, whilst also managing the strategic direction and continuous improvement plans.
The Supply Chain Manager will also provide detailed analysis and reporting including contractual performance, supplier performance and analysis of expenditure focused on opportunities for further improvement.
The key outputs for the role include:
- Provide timely updates and engage stakeholders on all aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Provide an expert and complete overview of Supplier performance, including contracted areas such as quality, cost and volume, as well as a focus on wider quality assurance issues
- Ensures that the Suppliers have the required inputs that will enable them to deliver excellent service/goods.
- Document the key supply chain activities with identified owners. Where appropriate have associated KPIs/SLAs included in supplier contracts, and where the KPIs/SLAs are internal activity make sure there is stakeholder buy-in to deliver on time.
- Responsibility for supporting the development of the supplier relationship strategy across the portfolio with a proactive engagement process with Suppliers.
- Drive effective supplier relationship management (SRM) program, delivering honest and open communication between the parties. Encourage a culture of respect in relationships between parties, fostering good relationships which enable mutually beneficial outcomes;
- Develop and maintain clear and measureable performance metrics for Suppliers.
- Take a lead role in the tendering of key contracts including development of the statement of works through to recommendations for contract awards.
- Lead activity for delivery and integration of any new Supplier/contract into the business.
- Lead on closed loop correction plans when issues have happened.
- Lead and co-ordinate Supplier annual audits, monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
- Experience in ITT processes from developing the statement of work, contract negotiation through to delivery and subsequent integration of new partners into a business.
- Strong relationship management experience, driving commercial value and performance through major contracts.
- Experience of managing contracts, developing SLA / KPI's and managing 3rd party suppliers
- Highly developed skills in internal stakeholder management.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire trust and commitment from others.
- Strong influencing skills based on developed commercial acumen and a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Sound negotiation and analytical ability, and proven experience of achieving commercial targets.
How do I apply?
Please submit a covering letter and CV. Please note, your cover letter will also be reviewed as part of the selection process and should cover the following points:
- Why you are interested in applying for the role;
- How you meet the essential criteria
- Why you think you'd be a strong match for the role
Please also include current salary details and notice period with your application.
Closing date for CV applications is Friday 31st May 2019.
No recruitment agencies please