We strive to provide excellent service, every time – but we know that we’re not perfect. If you have a complaint, please let us know
Getting in touch
If you haven’t yet been in touch with a member of our team, please get in touch with our customer service team in the first instance on:
0330 123 2000
Lines open 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, Mon to Fri
Calls are charged at your normal call rate
Send us your query via the get in touch page
Customer service team, Business Stream, 7 Lochside View, Edinburgh EH12 9DH.
If, after having spoken with our customer services team, for any reason you feel your query hasn’t been resolved as expected - you can escalate your concerns to our customer relations team on:
Customer relations team, Business Stream, 7 Lochside View, Edinburgh EH12 9DH
Complete the online form at the bottom of this page to submit a new complaint to our customer relations team (for general enquiries please use our web forms on our get in touch page)
What happens next?
- Your complaint will be assigned to a dedicated case handler who will be available as your single point of contact.
- We’ll investigate your concerns and agree a course of action with you.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 20 days. If for any reason this will not be the case, we’ll explain the delay and agree a new completion date with you.
- Once a complaint has been resolved, we will take you through the outcomes that are available. These outcomes may include, but are not limited to:
- Resolution of any outstanding issues to allow you to return to normal service.
- A full explanation of the circumstances surrounding the complaint, any action that has been taken and an apology for any inconvenience or detriment caused to you.
- Any appropriate remedial action and/or any appropriate qualified compensation, in line with our policies and guidance.
If you’re still unhappy
Following completion of our complaints procedure, if you feel that you are still unsatisfied with the outcome that you received, you do have the option of requesting a review from an independent body. The organisation that you will need to contact will depend on whether your premises is located in Scotland or England
Please note that most of the organisations listed below will usually expect you to reach the end of Business Stream’s procedure before getting formally involved in your complaint.
For Scottish premises
If you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint. The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:
- where you have not gone all the way through the organisation’s complaints handling procedure
- more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
- that have been or are being considered in court.
You can contact the SPSO:
SPSO, 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
Freepost SPSO (you don’t need to use a stamp)
Freephone: 0800 377 7330
For English premises
The Consumer Council for Water is the independent representative of water consumers in England.
Contact them at:
0300 034 2222
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome provided by CCWater, you can contact the Water Industry Redress Scheme (WATRS). WATRS independently settles disputes between customers and the water and sewerage companies in England
Contact them at:
020 7520 3801
WATRS, 70 Fleet Street, London EC4Y 1EU